[virt-tools-list] Install on RHEL6 or CentOS 6

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at bayertechnologygroup.com
Thu Nov 10 17:02:18 UTC 2011

I've solved the problem:

have been trying to get the latest virt-manager running on CentOS 6, and
have been having problems.

I found a post which solved part of the problem:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2011-August/msg00035.html

which referenced the autodrawer.py.

I applied the patch, but was having problems with the createpool.py
file.  After examining it, I saw that the issue was the same as as with
autodrawer.py.

I've made the fixes, and am attaching a patch (against the
virt-manager-0.9.0 release) for you.

I see a couple of small problems:

1.When resizing to VM with a text-mode console, the window is about 2/3
taller than it should be.

2.When shutting down a VM (created using CentSO 5.6), I get the
following error:

Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': cannot send monitor command
'{"execute":"query-balloon"}': Connection reset by peer

                                 The traceback is:

                                 Engine.py, line 440

                                 Connection.py, line 1507

                                 Domain.py, line 1526

                                 Libvirt.py, line 759

                 libvirtError: cannot send monitor command.....

                 After this, the virt-manager is disconnected from
localhost.    Reconnection to localhost resumes normal operation

Oddly enough, this only on the first VM created.  A second VM didn't do
this, even if it was the only one running.

JBB