[virt-tools-list] virt-manager issues

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 08:56:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 11:06:12PM -0500, Trey Nolen wrote:
[...]

[OT: Who is maintaining virt-manager, libvirt etc in Ubuntu?]

> 2012-04-26 23:04:37,043 (engine:555): No inspection thread because
> libguestfs is too old, not available, or libvirt is not thread safe.
>
> I thought the issue might be libguestfs, but I added the libguestfs0
> package and I still have the same issue.   Can anyone shed some
> light on this?

Your problem is nothing to do with libguestfs, but anyway.

libguestfs depends on a working qemu, which is broken in Ubuntu 12.04.
See this thread:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2012-April/thread.html#00028

and this bug comment:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/seabios/+bug/931371/comments/12

We don't have anyone maintaining libguestfs in Ubuntu, so what you are
getting is just random packages pulled out of Debian.  Not
surprisingly that often doesn't work.  I do my best to help out, but
it's not my primary development platform, and I don't have permissions
to commit the required fixes to qemu/seabios in Ubuntu.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/