[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo 2/2] fedora, installer: Set keyboard config for >= F18

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Fri Dec 7 17:23:36 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:02:05PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> >
>> > The good news is that the datamap code at
>> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~teuf/libosinfo/log/?h=datamap seems to be
>> > working. I'll send it for review early next week once I've tested it
>> > a bit more.
>>
>> That would mean we can't get libosinfo-based installer stuff in Boxes
>> done for Monday's release and I'm very keen on getting that done so
>> unless there is anything else wrong with this patch other than it
>> being ugly, I'll push it.
>
> I hate things always having to be done in a rush, ugly patches always
> having a good reason to get pushed without being improved,

If you think I did not provide any justification, you might want to
read previous emails again.

>... In this case,
> this also means new API/ABI getting frozen without having been exercised a
> lot.

This patch does not touch any API/ABI. The patch that did in a way was
touching the API/ABI was "install-config: Document expected kbd layout
format" and that was already ack'ed by you and merged. This patch only
fixes the script as per that change.

> If you push the patch anyway (and I'm not saying it's ok with me if you do
> that), I expect to get a patch from you moving these things over datamaps
> by the time I send the series for review.

I promise to do that next week but once your datamap changes are
merged (or at least ACK'ed).

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124