[virt-tools-list] MacVTap questions

Erasmo Acosta eacosta at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 00:07:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

	I'm new to VMM. Mostly trying to get away from the VMWare player because it has horrible support for the latest Linux Kernels on Fedora. What I'm trying to do is to have the Guest VM, running Windows XP, mount SAMBA Shares from the HOST and then offer Video transcoding and streaming to iOS devices in my house. Both the Default NAT Interface and the MacvTap interface solve part of the problem, but none solves the entire problem. Can someone please comment?

Thank You,
Erasmo.