[virt-tools-list] nternal error libxenlight state driver is not active

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Thu Jun 13 20:40:36 UTC 2013

nesredin mahmud wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> I have problem starting virt-manager (0.9.1). It tries to connect to
> xen forever...
> my environment setup is:
> -ubuntu-12.0.4
>
> virsh # version
> Compiled against library: libvirt 1.0.6
> Using library: libvirt 1.0.6
> Using API: Xen 1.0.6
> Running hypervisor: Xen 4.2.0
>
> ERROR: from virt-manager
>
> Unable to connect to libvirt:
>
> internal error libxenlight state driver is not active
>
> Verify that:
>  - A Xen host kernel was booted
>  - The Xen service has been started
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1185,
> in _open_thread
>     self.vmm = self._try_open()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1167,
> in _try_open
>     flags)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in
> openAuth
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
> libvirtError: internal error libxenlight state driver is not active
>
> I taught the libxenligh was already working.
> I compiled libvirt --with-xen and am using virsh as well.

To enable building the libxl driver use '--with-libxl'.

> And xl is working good.
> I have stopped *xend* as well so that xl will working.

With debug enabled, do you see the libxl driver being initialized by
libvirtd at startup?  E.g. you should see something like

2013-06-13 20:35:53.755+0000: 27848: debug : virStateInitialize:826 :
Running global init for LIBXL state driver

Regards,
Jim