[virt-tools-list] nternal error libxenlight state driver is not active

nesredin mahmud nasmitlinux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 14:19:51 UTC 2013

Hello Jim,

thank for you replying me quickly!

That was right i did not use --with-libxl option during configuration of
libvirt-1.0.6. Now libxenlight is loaded.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Jim Fehlig <jfehlig at suse.com> wrote:

> nesredin mahmud wrote:
> > hello everyone,
> >
> > I have problem starting virt-manager (0.9.1). It tries to connect to
> > xen forever...
> > my environment setup is:
> > -ubuntu-12.0.4
> >
> > virsh # version
> > Compiled against library: libvirt 1.0.6
> > Using library: libvirt 1.0.6
> > Using API: Xen 1.0.6
> > Running hypervisor: Xen 4.2.0
> >
> > ERROR: from virt-manager
> >
> > Unable to connect to libvirt:
> >
> > internal error libxenlight state driver is not active
> >
> > Verify that:
> >  - A Xen host kernel was booted
> >  - The Xen service has been started
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1185,
> > in _open_thread
> >     self.vmm = self._try_open()
> >   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1167,
> > in _try_open
> >     flags)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in
> > openAuth
> >     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
> > libvirtError: internal error libxenlight state driver is not active
> >
> > I taught the libxenligh was already working.
> > I compiled libvirt --with-xen and am using virsh as well.
>
> To enable building the libxl driver use '--with-libxl'.
>
> > And xl is working good.
> > I have stopped *xend* as well so that xl will working.
>
> With debug enabled, do you see the libxl driver being initialized by
> libvirtd at startup?  E.g. you should see something like
>
> virsh # version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.0.6
Using library: libvirt 1.0.6
Using API: xenlight 1.0.6
Running hypervisor: xenlight 4.2.0

# tail  -f /var/log/syslog|grep virStateInitialize
Jun 14 16:09:59 swart-2 libvirtd: 9643: debug : virStateInitialize:826 :
Running global init for Remote state driver
Jun 14 16:09:59 swart-2 libvirtd: 9643: debug : virStateInitialize:826 :
Running global init for Network state driver

> 2013-06-13 20:35:53.755+0000: 27848: debug : virStateInitialize:826 :
> Running global init for LIBXL state driver
>
> But I dont see the debug message:  Running global init for LIBXL state
driver

Another problem I have seen after I recompiled libvirt: Virsh does not list
the dom0 and domu
virsh # list
 Id    Name                           State

virsh # uri
xen:///

I appreciate for your help.

//Nas