[virt-tools-list] Virt Manager Connection Groups / Resource Pools

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 20:15:03 UTC 2013

On 03/01/2013 03:08 PM, Nathaniel Cook wrote:
> Makes sense. In the case that we do want to manage many hosts what manager
> would you recommend? We want to use vanilla KVM and manage hundreds of hosts.
> We have investigated several of the other tools and most seem to require that
> something else be running on the hosts besides just libvirtd to be able to
> manage them. And others want you to use their OS instead of your choice linux
> with libvirtd installed. If you have any suggestions they would be much
> appreciated. Thanks

ovirt is the obvious choice, it's popular and built around libvirt and kvm,
available in Fedora, etc. But like you say I believe it expects you to have
the same OS/base image running on each host, not sure on this point though.
But the UI and infrastructure is built explicitly to handle things with 100+
hosts, so it's worth taking another look.