[virt-tools-list] Qemu PPC with Virt-Manager

Anthony Gabrielson agabrielson1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 12:32:06 UTC 2014

Hello,
I'm trying to get a get a Linux PowerPC distribution running with Qemu and I'm getting an error that Google has been unable to resolve. Virt-Manager is giving me this error:

Unable to complete install: 'internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/18
Error: Cirrus VGA not available
'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 45, in cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1909, in do_install
guest.start_install(False, meter=meter)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/virtinst/Guest.py", line 1239, in start_install
noboot)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/virtinst/Guest.py", line 1307, in _create_guest
dom = self.conn.createLinux(start_xml or final_xml, 0)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 2475, in createLinux
if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed', conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/18
Error: Cirrus VGA not available

My host OS is Debian Wheezy and the guest OS will be Debian Jessie PPC (if I can get past this error). I have installed qemu, qemu-kvm, and virt-manager. With that said, qemu-kvm is off so I can emulate non-x86 architectures. I am running virt-manager with sudo.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Anthony