[virt-tools-list] virt-builder against CentOS Atomic images problem

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 11:43:39 UTC 2015

Hello,
following this link (donna if outdated or not)
https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/creating-a-cloud-init-config-disk-for-non-cloud-boots/

I tried to apply it to the images in subject for CentOS 7:
http://buildlogs.centos.org/rolling/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-AtomicHost.qcow2
(that corresponds now with the 20150228_01 one)
but I get the error

virt-builder: error: get-kernel: no operating system found

See full log of virt-builder command with -v ad -x here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvRElhY2RDRGZvZjg/view?usp=sharing

It is a minor problem because initially there was a problem with the images
themselves and their cloud-init, now fixed and te images regenerated, and
so I'm able to use the procedure here below to inject user-data and
meta-data:
http://www.projectatomic.io/docs/quickstart/

But nevertheless I'm interested in knowing if is an expected behavior that
virt-builder is not able to extract kernel and initramfs from the Atomic
image (also from the updated ones..).

Thanks in advance,
Gianluca