[virt-tools-list] virt-manager: Warning on startup for CentOS 7

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 14:48:04 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 07:53 AM, Steve Amerige wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On our CentOS 7 hypervisors (current 3.10.0-123.20.1.el7.x86_64 kernel), I
> note that we now always get the following warning message:
>
>> ** (virt-manager:22899): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
>> Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-9EjiOC2ERr: Connection refused
>
> when we start *virt-manager*.  It doesn't seem to affect performance, but it
> is annoying and it causes users to submit support tickets that then take time
> to address.  It also reduces confidence that everything is working the way it
> should.
>
> I have searched for a solution and haven't found one yet.  Does anyone know
> (1) what is going on, and (2) how to remedy this problem so that the issue is
> addressed and the warning message is no longer emitted?

This error comes from gtk, other gtk apps should give the same error. There's
some more info here:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/145167/gnome-programs-eog-gnome-terminal-have-a-slow-start-and-produce-a-dbus-error-n

I'm guessing users who are seeing that are launching virt-manager over ssh -X,
to a machine which doesn't have any desktop user logged in, so the
accessibility daemon wasn't autostarted.

But it isn't something we can fix in virt-manager, it's just gtk being noisy
about a missing service.