[virt-tools-list] Re:Re: [help] Does spice support Camera or Printer ?

Fabiano Fidêncio fidencio at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 11:35:57 UTC 2015

Hey,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Victor Toso <lists at victortoso.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please, do cc: virt-tools-list at redhat.com so others can help and/or
> benefit from your doubt!
>
> First of all, sorry. I misguided you. UsbDk is intended to be installed
> for windows client, not windows guest.
>
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 02:29:30PM +0800, hongzhen_luo at sina.com wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your reply Mr toso
>> I have installed UsbDK in my guest OS and host, yesterday, but
>> the Camera dirver was still failed for installing in the Guest OS...
>> when I installed Camera in the Guest ,it will be poped up a message
>> box --'USB redirection error :Could not auto-redirection USB Camera
>> (Interface 0); Could not clam interface 1(configuration 1);
>> LIB_USB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPROTED'
>>
>> This's my device environment
>>> - which client are you using? (e.g. remote-viewer)
>> virt-viewer-2.0 /spice-gtk 0.28..
>>> - which client OS (Linux / Windows)
>> Windows7 32bit
>>> - which guest OS
>> Windows7 32bit-server
>
> So, you are also using windows client.
>
> The usbredir is not compiled by default into windows client. It might
> be, for the next release. I'm cc'ing Fabiano in this email as I believe
> he will be doing the release in the next few weeks for mingw-spice-gtk.

UsbDK depends on a few patches for libusb that are not merged yet and
I don't think they will be merged on time for the next
mingw-virt-viewer release.

> Also, I'm not 100% sure that UsbDk on windows client will be supported
> in the next upstream release for virt-viewer because this not yet landed
> in spice-gtk upstream [0].

The main problem is that those patches depend on the libusb patches
mentioned above.

> So, in case usbredir is supported in the next
> version of windows client, you will might need to install usbclerk in
> the windows client machine. Note that, I'm not sure webcam is supported
> by usbclerk...

WebCams are not supported by usbclerk.

When the patches get merged we will update the mingw-libusb and
mingw-spice-gtk packages.
You will be able to build mingw-virt-viewer by yourself (and we will
be happy to help you). But I wouldn't expect a new release of
virt-viewer just because of these patches.

Best Regards,