[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager just sits at Connecting...

Greg Teiber gteiber at firstcomm.com
Thu Jan 14 16:39:45 UTC 2016

Hello Everyone,

I didn't see an archive search function...  So here we go.

When I open virt-manager it opens up, and sits there with "QEMU/KVM - Connecting..."  And doesn't advance.

When I first installed this machine, VMM was able to open, and I was able to create guests.  However, I was unable to view their consoles.  After rebooting the host, now VMM seems unable to connect.

I've verified that qemu is running.  If I do virsh - connect qemu:///system list  I do see the list of created guests.  And I can even start them from the command line.

I'm running centos 7.  The console I'm logged into is a non privileged user.  I open a terminal and launch VMM as root.

I appreciate your help.

-Greg T