[virt-tools-list] Official Mac port of Virt-Manager

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Mar 22 10:07:01 UTC 2016

Regards,
Daniel

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 06:57:30PM -0400, Programmingkid wrote:
> I was wondering if someone made it so that Virt-Manager could run under Mac OS X, and he or she sent in the patches to you, would you accept them and add them to Virt-Manager's official repository?

AFAIK, there's been no work to port it to OS-X. Virt-manager is written in
python, and libvirt clients build for OS-X, so in theory it is possible, but
in practice I've no idea what dragons might lurk there. I imagine it would
be easier than a Win32 port, but that's not saying much...

I've copied the virt-manager mailing list since that's a better place for
this kind of question

> I also would like to say Virt-Manager seems like a great program. Good job on making it.

FWIW, I haven't done any work on virt-manager for a good 5 years now, Cole
Robinson leads the development, so while I'm happy to receive compliments
for creating it, Cole and other recent community contributors deserve most
of the credit

Regards,
Daniel