[virt-tools-list] libosinfo version 1.0

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:53:58 UTC 2016

On May 9, 2016, at 10:19 AM, Cole Robinson wrote:

> On 05/08/2016 11:15 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
>> I just installed libosinfo 0.2.10 which is a required dependency. When I try to run virt-manager, I see this error message:
>>
>> /Virt-manager/virt-manager/virtinst/osdict.py", line 27, in <module>
>>    gi.require_version('Libosinfo', '1.0')
>>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 76, in require_version
>>    raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
>> ValueError: Namespace Libosinfo not available
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/releases/l/i/libosinfo/
>> This is where libosinfo can be downloaded. The newest version is 0.3.0. Is the above code requiring "1.0' incorrect?
>
> 1.0 is the API version, not the package version. My guess is that you didn't
> build libosinfo with support for gobject introspection

I didn't know about having to do this.

> (which is what produces
> the python bindings), or your build paths were incorrect. Does 'python -c
> 'from gi.repository import Libosinfo' even work?
>
> - Cole

It looks like there should be more added to the INSTALL file. I think something stating that libosinfo should be built with the "--enable-introspection=yes" option would be a good idea.

I also found out that libxml2-python is a missing dependency that should be mentioned in the INSTALL file. Sound good?