[virt-tools-list] Easier container creation

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 00:19:49 UTC 2017

On 04/24/2017 03:35 AM, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
> Hi Radostin,
>
> On Sat, 2017-04-22 at 17:47 +0100, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
>> I am working on integration of the tool virt-bootstrap (https://github.com/cbosdo/virt-bootstrap) with virt-manager.
>> The integration aims to replace the message "The OS directory tree must already exist ..." in the current version of
>> virt-manager.
>
> Thanks for sharing your ideas on that topic!
>
>> Until now, I made a few changes in the UI and added a few lines in virt-manager/virtManager/create.py to make it
>> work.
>> I would like to ask for feedback on the UI which is shown in the attached screen recording.
>
> The UI looks rather good to me.

Agreed. Couple minor adjustments to work towards:

- Make the source URL field a combo entry that's prepopulated with some
options, and/or remembers previously entered containers
- Work out a way to get actual download progress output into the dialog, or at
least stdout messages to show some semblance of progress

> I've just seen one potential trouble: this scenario works pretty
> nicely for local connections, but we'll need to handle them for
> remote ones.

I'm really not sure how we can handle that at all, in the short term we should
just disable all that UI for the remote case

Thanks,
Cole