[virt-tools-list] UEFI/Q35: System BootOrder not found

ovirt at fateknollogee.com ovirt at fateknollogee.com
Thu Aug 24 11:34:46 UTC 2017

I used virt-manager (in a previous Fedora 25 install) to create a Fedora
26 virtual machine.
This Fedora26 image was qcow2 and UEFI (firmware/chipset: EFI/Q35.
The qcow2 images were stored on a separate disk (not on the same disk as
the Fedora 25 host).

I changed the host o/s from Fedora 25 to 26.
I did not keep the XML files for the virtual machines.

Using virt-manager, creating new vm & selecting "import existing disk
image" does not work.
When I boot the vm, I get an error "System BootOrder not found
Initializing defaults".
The virtual machine will not boot.

Any ideas on how to "fix" the error?