[virt-tools-list] No Sound on Win 7 VM using RHEL 7 Linux workstaiton

Roland racemd at verizon.net
Fri Mar 31 00:39:09 UTC 2017

All, I have a RHEL 7 Workstation, I used the Virtual Machine Manager and
created a Windows 7 VM.  The audio is not working, the Win 7 Sound Icon is
available in the task bar, the drivers seem to be associated in device
manager, the VM is using ich9 and I tried ich6 but never hear any sounds.
If I switch the VM to use AC97 then the speaker icon on the win 7
workstation is Red Hashed out/not available.   How can I get the sound to
play from the Win 7 VM through the RHEL 7 Linux Workstation?

3.10.0-514.6.1-el7_x86_64

RR

---