[virt-tools-list] GSoC Project

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue May 9 07:49:53 UTC 2017

Hi Radostin,

This kind of email could be sent out to the mailing list so that others
know about your progress and difficulties. This would allow others to
jump into the topic to help you if they can.

On Mon, 2017-05-08 at 07:58 +0100, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
> Until now, I managed to do the following:
>
> - Remove root password field.
>
> - Disable the new UI for remote connections.
>
> - Make the source URL field a combo box pre-populated with some options.

Good!

> I am still working on:
>
> - Remember the previously entered containers.
>
>     -> I am not sure where they could be stored.

You should check the vmmConfig object: it already handles all the
configuration persistence, including the list of connection URIs.

> - Workout a way to get actual download progress output.
>
>     -> I am trying to figure out if it is good idea to parse the stdout
> and extract the information from it, or it would be better solution to
> display the actual stdout.

I would say that displaying the stdout would be better since the output
is not only depending on virt-bootstrap, but also on the tools it uses.

> I made a screen recording to demonstrate the changes:
> https://youtu.be/gFPLugQNzi8

Do we really want it prepopulated with some hardcoded docker images URIs?
I'm not too found of this.

--
Cedric