[virt-tools-list] USB redirection bug with remote viewer

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at hetz.biz
Mon Jul 1 13:08:17 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 1:46 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 12:42:05PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying remote viewer 8.0 on Windows 10 (1903 and earlier).(desktop
> > client is Windows, VM is Windows)
> >
> > Trying to redirect a USB device gives error, few devices gives different
> > errors:
> >
> > * Trying to connect Logitech HD 920 gives error -5
> > * Trying to connect Sandisk Ultra disk on key gives error -12
>
> Without logs it is a bit hard to fully understand. If this errors
> are coming from libusb, -5 would be 'not found' and -12 'not
> supported'.
>
> For redirect USB from windows client you need UsbDK installed,
> which version do you have?

If I'm not mistaken, the Windows remote viewer already includes USBDK.
Anyway, I tried to install the latest (1.0.21) - still same problem. Trying
to select other devices on the list, btw, gives other errors.

Regarding logs - where is the Windows client store those logs? Looking
at C:\Program Files\VirtViewer v8.0-256 - I don't see any log files.