[virt-tools-list] USB redirection bug with remote viewer

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Mon Jul 1 13:20:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 04:08:17PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 1:46 PM Victor Toso <victortoso at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Jun 30, 2019 at 12:42:05PM +0300, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying remote viewer 8.0 on Windows 10 (1903 and earlier).(desktop
> > > client is Windows, VM is Windows)
> > >
> > > Trying to redirect a USB device gives error, few devices gives different
> > > errors:
> > >
> > > * Trying to connect Logitech HD 920 gives error -5
> > > * Trying to connect Sandisk Ultra disk on key gives error -12
> >
> > Without logs it is a bit hard to fully understand. If this errors
> > are coming from libusb, -5 would be 'not found' and -12 'not
> > supported'.
> >
> > For redirect USB from windows client you need UsbDK installed,
> > which version do you have?
> >

> If I'm not mistaken, the Windows remote viewer already includes USBDK.

Not sure what is your installer but remote-viewer is one thing
and USBDk is another. remote-viewer uses USBDk but can be run if
USBDk is not installed. It should have been installed indeed
otherwise you wouldn't be able to select any USB device.

> Anyway, I tried to install the latest (1.0.21) - still same problem. Trying
> to select other devices on the list, btw, gives other errors.
>
> Regarding logs - where is the Windows client store those logs? Looking
> at C:\Program Files\VirtViewer v8.0-256 - I don't see any log files.

Sorry, I should have said that earlier.  You should run from
console/terminal with --debug and --spice-debug

Cheers,
Victor