[virt-tools-list] Building virt-manager RPM error: "Unknown tag: Recommends: (libvirt-daemon-kvm or libvirt-daemon-qemu)"

peter.muryshkin at zv.fraunhofer.de peter.muryshkin at zv.fraunhofer.de
Mon May 27 14:35:26 UTC 2019

Hi, all,

while building an RPM under CentOS 7.6, I get the following error which I don't understand for both master branch and the v2.1.0 tag:

(...)
creating dist
Creating tar archive
removing 'virt-manager-2.1.0' (and everything under it)
error: line 53: Unknown tag: Recommends: (libvirt-daemon-kvm or libvirt-daemon-qemu)

The host is a machine which has both kvm and qemu to build VM images with virt-install 1.5.0 and our team would like to use the latest version of virt-install.

I've tried the build with python 3.6 and can also reproduce this error in Docker where of course there is no libvirt.

Many thanks in advance for hints how to fix this and build the RPM distro.

kind regards
Peter