vmm and read/write permissions on external storage

Kitty Weg kweg at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 13:59:50 UTC 2020

Hello,

I am a technical support engineer at Red Hat and need to build local
virtual labs to both learn and recreate cases.

I don't have enough space on my laptop for virtual machines, so I connected
a Western Digital 4TB external media formatted with ext4 and with 777 read
and write permissions, recursive.

When I create storage img, for example; qemu-img create -f qcow2
/name.qcow2 60G and I try to use it as the designated storage when creating
the vm with vmm, I get the attached error message. If I choose to correct
it as the message suggests, it just gives me another error.

Can anyone assist with this please?

Thanks in advance,

Kitty Weg

Technical Support Engineer

Red Hat Israel <https://www.redhat.com/>

34 Jerusalem rd. Ra'anana, 43501

*kweg at redhat.com <kweg at redhat.com> *  T: *+972-9-**7692287 *
M: *+972-54-5664256*   F: +972-9-7692223
@RedHat <https://twitter.com/redhat>   Red Hat
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/red-hat>  Red Hat
<https://www.facebook.com/RedHatInc>
<https://red.ht/sig>