[Virtio-fs] xfstest results for virtio-fs on aarch64

Boeuf, Sebastien sebastien.boeuf at intel.com
Tue Oct 15 17:28:10 UTC 2019

Thanks Dave for adding me to the loop here!

On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 17:26 +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> * Chirantan Ekbote (chirantan at chromium.org) wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM Dr. David Alan Gilbert
> > <dgilbert at redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah excellent; is that public anywhere?
> > >

> > It's currently under review here:
> > https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/+/1758103
> >
> > I expect to have it merged sometime this week.

Oh that's very nice to hear. We have some code from the cloud-
hypervisor project where we have a vhost-user-net implementation
relying on some sort of a wrapper code similar to what all vhost-user
daemon implementations would reuse (libvhost-user kind of thing).

We're planning to see this wrapper code land on Rust-VMM at some point,
which is why it would be interesting if you could rebase this virtio-fs
daemon code on top of this small library. If you don't have the
bandwidth, we could probably look at it if that's something you would
be interested in.

Here is the code for the small wrapper crate:
https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/vhost_user_backend/src/lib.rs

And here is the vhost-user-net example using it:
https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/src/bin/vhost_user_net.rs

Thanks,
Sebastien