[Virtio-fs] xfstest results for virtio-fs on aarch64

Chirantan Ekbote chirantan at chromium.org
Tue Oct 15 18:21:52 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:28 AM Boeuf, Sebastien
<sebastien.boeuf at intel.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dave for adding me to the loop here!
>
> On Tue, 2019-10-15 at 17:26 +0100, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> > * Chirantan Ekbote (chirantan at chromium.org) wrote:

> > > It's currently under review here:
> > > https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromiumos/platform/crosvm/+/1758103
> > >
> > > I expect to have it merged sometime this week.
>
> Oh that's very nice to hear. We have some code from the cloud-
> hypervisor project where we have a vhost-user-net implementation
> relying on some sort of a wrapper code similar to what all vhost-user
> daemon implementations would reuse (libvhost-user kind of thing).
>
> We're planning to see this wrapper code land on Rust-VMM at some point,
> which is why it would be interesting if you could rebase this virtio-fs
> daemon code on top of this small library. If you don't have the
> bandwidth, we could probably look at it if that's something you would
> be interested in.
>
> Here is the code for the small wrapper crate:
> https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/vhost_user_backend/src/lib.rs
>
> And here is the vhost-user-net example using it:
> https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/src/bin/vhost_user_net.rs

Our virtio-fs server is not a vhost-user device (this was one of the
reasons we didn't want to use virtiofsd).  It currently just runs
directly as a child process of crosvm (like all other crosvm devices).
So unless I'm missing something I don't think there's much to be
gained by rebasing on vhost_user_backend.

Chirantan