[Virtio-fs] Is there a way to get NFS and/or NFSoRDMA to play nice with Virtio-FS?

Ewen Chan alpha754293 at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 07:48:57 UTC 2023

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm using Proxmox 7.3-4 and I have a CentOS 7.7.1908 VM that's able to share data/files via Virtio-FS. That part is working fine.

However, if I try to export that VirtIO-FS "target" as a NFS export, whenever my other computers connect to that NFS share, it will say that the folders have stale NFS handles.

Is there a way to fix/resolve this?

Here is the output for /etc/exports:

/export *(rw,async,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,no_subtree_check,fsid=4)

I have tried rebooting the clients multiple times, along with mounting/unmounting said NFS share and it doesn't appear to make any difference.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ewen