[zanata-users] Zanata Java properties file workflow

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 01:26:42 UTC 2015

Hi Jasper,

(See below.)

On 2015-04-22 18:48, Jasper Siepkes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing around with Zanata and I really like it! I've got the hang of
> most of the basics but one thing eludes me:
>
> Let say I have a "MessageResources.properties" file which I consider the
> translation source. The base language of this file is Dutch (nl-NL).
>
> So my layout is like this:
>
> Source translation file: src/main/string/MessageResources.properties
> Sample target translation file:
> src/main/resources/MessageResources_nl_NL.properties
>
> My zanata.xml is configured as follows:
>
> ----8<-------------------------------
>   <url>https://internal.foo.bar/</url>
>   <project>foo-project</project>
>   <project-version>master</project-version>
>   <project-type>utf8properties</project-type>
>
>   <src-dir>src/main/strings/</src-dir>
>   <trans-dir>src/main/resources/</trans-dir>

The src-dir here (src/main/strings/) doesn't match the directory for
Source translation file above (src/main/string/).  I'm assuming that's a
typo in your email, but you might need to double check your translation
file name against the trans-dir setting.

>   <locales>
>     <locale>nl-NL</locale>
>   </locales>
>
> Now when I run:
> $ zanata-cli push --src-lang nl-NL
> $ zanata-cli push --push-type trans --src-lang nl-NL
>
> I would expect that the keys and translations get added to zanata. However all
> the keys (and document) get added to Zanata but none of the translations are
> there. Am I making some kind of error in my thinking in the way I should work
> with Zanata or is this a bug?

Can you supply the output of zanata-cli push (both invocations)?