[zanata-users] po pull is not putting translations into the directories

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 05:22:38 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-28 23:29, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> I have a project which is project type podir. My directory is set up so
> that the pot file is in locale and the translation shoudl be in a
> subdirectory (i.e. ru/ru.po).
>
> If I execute "zanata po pull" and it puts the ru.po file in the same
> directory as the pot file (/locale/ru.po).

That does sound like a bug in the python client, assuming that the type
has been set to podir correctly (via zanata.xml or command line).  I
can't remember, does the python client log which project type it found?
 (I'm more familiar with the Java clients like zanata-ivy.)

> zanata-python-client-1.3.21-1.fc21.noarch
> zanata-common-3.3.0-4.fc21.noarch
> zanata-api-3.4.1-1.fc21.noarch
> zanata-client-3.6.0-1.fc21.noarch
>
> Note.. i can not use the ivy client since I am getting certificate
> errors again. is there a work around for this?

Are you referring to certificate errors when connecting to a server with
a certificate issued by a non-public CA?

Such an error would be similar to this:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target

The best and most secure solution is to install the missing CA
certificate into Java's trusted certificate store.  Something like this:

$ keytool -keystore $keystore -storepass changeit -import -noprompt
-alias internalca -file ./internalca.crt

- where $keystore is probably /etc/pki/java/cacerts or something like
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0/jre/lib/security/cacerts
and internalca.crt is a copy of the CA cert in PEM format.

The workaround is to use the command line option --disable-ssl-cert, but
of course this is much less secure.

--
Sean Flanigan

Principal Software Engineer