[zanata-users] Question about authentification on REST API

Alex Eng aeng at redhat.com
Wed Aug 16 22:02:18 UTC 2017

Hi Frank,

1) Is the project version status "read-only" or "archived" before your REST
request? Prior 4.0 (Openstack is running 3.9), the PUT command return 403
if the project version is not "Active" when performing the PUT command.

2) Since you got 401 (unauthorized), can you check if your username and API
matches with information in
https://translate.openstack.org/dashboard/settings/client (requires login).

https://translate.openstack.org/iteration/view/manila-ui/stable-newton

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 2:18 AM, Frank Kloeker <eumel at arcor.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> maybe someone can help with an authentification problem on Zanata REST
> API. I tried to switch the status of a version in a project with PUT
> request, described in [1]. I've setup a small ansible playbook as you can
> see in [2]. I've set X-Auth-User header and X-Auth-Token regarding my
> credentials. The account is maintainer of the project. What I've got if the
> status is already set is 200 OK what mean there is a good connection to API
> (I would expect another return code). When I send a request to change the
> status I became 401 not authorized what caused by wrong credentials or
> wrong X-Auth-Header settings. I didn't found any in documentation so maybe
> someone has an idea.
>
> thx Frank
>
> [1] https://zanata.ci.cloudbees.com/job/zanata-api-site/site/zan
> ata-common-api/rest-api-docs/resource_ProjectVersionResourc
> e.html#resource_ProjectVersionResource_put_PUT
> [2] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/OsdAmyIzXQXDLxgr62keMA

ALEX ENG

SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER, team lead

globalisation tooling, customer platform

Red Hat Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd <https://www.redhat.com/>

Brisbane, Australia

aeng at redhat.com    M: +61423353457     IM: aeng
<https://red.ht/sig>