[zanata-users] Setting up Zanata with Docker

Patrick Huang pahuang at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 00:05:18 UTC 2018

Hi Kyle,

I believe you need to use the i option (interactive) to be able to let
docker accept your input. e.g. docker exec -it zanata bash. However if
modification is done this way it won't persist. In fact I just checked our
Dockerfile, we do support customization of the mail host, port, and
credential. See
https://github.com/zanata/zanata-docker-files/tree/master/zanata-server
under Setup Environment.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 8:29 AM, Kyle <kyle at free2.ml> wrote:

> I'm trying to set up the Zanata Docker container, but I can't change the
> mail host. Apparently it's supposed to communicate with the smtp host via
> an internal IP, but I had it set to localhost, which isn't working. The
> only thing I found that should allow me to change the mail host is to edit
> /opt/jboss/wildfly/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml. The problem
> is that I can't edit the file externally, as my Docker container has 3 such
> files, and they're all under /var/lib/docker/aufs/something
> /verylongstringoflettersandnumbers/opt/jboss/... I tried editing the file
> from inside of the container, but neither bash nor vi will accept any
> keyboard input, even if I use
> docker exec -t zanata /bin/bash
> or
> docker exec -t zanata /bin/vi
> Is there another way I should be changing the mail host in the container,
> something like a web configuration or similar, or am I doing something else
> wrong when trying to edit the file inside of the container? Thanks for any
> help.
> Imetumwa kutoka komputa yangu

Patrick Huang
Senior Software Engineer