[zanata-users] Setting up Zanata with Docker

Kyle kyle at free2.ml
Thu Mar 8 13:24:53 UTC 2018

Reposting this to the list, as my reply didn't get there for some reason...

Thanks very much for the help. I do have a script set up that sets up
the environment and then runs runapp.sh. The problem now is that no
matter how I set ZANATA_MAIL_HOST, I get an "unexpected error" any time
I create a user account as the administrator or try to change an
existing user's e-mail address. The problem is that there are no details
describing this "unexpected error," so I can't really report it on the
issue tracker, nor does this error message give me any idea of what I
may be setting incorrectly. I have a postfix configuration on the host
that includes both Docker internal IP addresse spaces 172.18.0.1/16 and
172.17.0.0/16 listed in mynetworks, so it should relay without
authentication from any Docker container. I have also tried setting
ZANATA_MAIL_HOST to both 172.18.0.1 and 172.17.0.1, which are the
internal IP addresses listed under the Docker bridge network, but I
still see the "unexpected error" with a button to report the problem. I
can tell it does have something to do with mail, because it only seems
to happen when I change an e-mail address or create a user account as
the administrator. Thanks for any help with this.
Imetumwa kutoka barua pepe yangu