[zanata-users] Changing base strings

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:19:21 UTC 2018

Hello,

Not pretty sure since I have never tried, but I think the following way
would work if you don't want to keep track of history on source string
changes:

- 1. Download both pot and po files
  (or download po files, and generate pot files from po files - e.g.,
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5938869/how-to-generate-a-new-pot-template-from-a-translated-po-file
)
- 2. Change both of source strings in pot and po files
- 3. Upload a changed pot files to update source strings in Zanata
- 4. Upload a changed po files to reflect translated strings with
different source strings in Zanata

Source & translation document upload should be fine.
Please see http://docs.zanata.org/en/release/client/commands/push/ for
more details.

With many thanks,

/Ian