[zanata-users] Zanata's "translate" instance is unreachable

Mario Blättermann mario.blaettermann at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 11:02:51 UTC 2019

Hello,

Berkay Koç <uppercut733 at hotmail.com> schrieb am Sa., 27. Apr. 2019, 12:34:

> It's been a few days since the translate.zanata.org doesn't respond.
> Me and my team haven't been able to perform any translations since our
> documents were on that server.
> What's going on? When will it be open again?

This happened already a few weeks ago, and after a few days the web
interface was back again.
But it was very annoying for both translators and project maintainers, and
for no one of the Zanata admins it was worth a message about the reasons
why it happened, and when we might expect to use it again.

Some time ago, translation projects (even really big ones) were moved from
Transifex to Zanata. But given the continuing problems, it would be time to
think about leaving Zanata. In fact, I can use it only with a workaround
anyway, because *.ts files from my Qt based project are not handled
properly. The current up-and-down rhythm of the translation interface would
then be the second reason to move to another platform.

Best Regards,
Mario