[almighty] modeling 'types' for planner work items

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 06:12:44 UTC 2016

On 30 Sep 2016, at 7:24, Ranjith Varakantam wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:22 AM, Leonard Dimaggio
> <ldimaggi at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Ranjith,
>>
>> When you say:
>> '...If yes, would it  get incrementally updated along with each of
>> child
>> work item?...'
>>
>> Are you referring to a state change in a child element resulting in
>> an
>> automatic state update in its parent element?
>>

>>> Yes, for example a user story has 4 tasks, when these tasks are
> complete, the user story should automatically be  marked complete. The
> same
> would hold good for experience, if the user stories related to the
> user
> stories are complete then the experience state should also change.

this assumes you have captured *everything* in all tasks and upfront
knows nothing else are there.

I would not think automatic changing state to complete is the right
thing to do.

Being able to list issues which have all their children and dependent
issues resolved so
one can make an explicit decision - *thats* useful.

>>> This would also inline with the query based results that Todd
>>> suggested,
> because when I am refining the backlog, I only want to see the
> experiences
> or user stories that are yet to be worked on. i.e. the ones which are
> not
> completed.

Yup - but that query should be done by query and stories going into the
state of being in progress,
not about amount of child tasks it has IMO.

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen