Fwd: AMD x2 chips

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Feb 17 00:32:48 UTC 2006

Mark Hahn <hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> sigh.  I have no idea what you're pushing with all the EV6
> comparisons.  the EV6 was a good CPU for its time.  the crossbar
> was actually in the typhoon chipset (ES4x).  I have a roomfull of
> them still running.  they were NOT hypertransport.

I _know_ that.  I've stated that I _mispoke_ in my simplification.
Okay, I've admitted this.  I'm just curious how the SRQ/XBar works.

BTW, as another gentleman pointed out off-list, there are 30+
definitions of what comprises an "IC."  I looked several up and it's
a rather arbitrary term, and _several_ could fit my definition.

Let's just leave this be and _end_ the "analness."
If that isn't enough:

  You were right, I was _wrong_.
  I _mispoke_ on HyperTransport.

But you didn't have to "talk down" to me like I don't have a
background in the semiconductor industry.  Don't be so ass-u-me'ing.

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com