[Avocado-devel] Getting started with avocado-vt

Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues lmr at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 17:07:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Olav Philipp Henschel
<olavph at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> Thanks, with the redirection I was able to see the error and fix it.
> My system was missing the qemu-kvm binary.
>
> I am now able to list the VT tests. However, when I try to list the
> tests with sudo, the VT tests don't show up. A similar error occurs
> with run.
> I am trying to do guest installations, so I need to use sudo to run
> the unattended_install tests.

Guest installations using --vt-type qemu don't require root. As for the
problem, you actually need to run vt-bootstrap as the root user to get
the tests to show. Whenever you run --vt-bootstrap, key files are
copied to the user's local area, and those files are necessary for
tests to show.