[Avocado-devel] Windows installation keys

Andrei Stepanov astepano at redhat.com
Thu Sep 24 14:14:53 UTC 2015

Hi

In Windows case installation there is special file cdkeys.cfg

Win7.i386: cdkey = CDKEY
Win7.x86_64: cdkey = CDKEY

CDKEY is object to conceal.

That is why we don't put to this file our keys.

As a rule we install Windows systems just for a short period of time.

Now there is a hint:

For installation step we can use keys from Microsoft official page

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj612867.aspx

The purpose of this keys is to install Microsoft OS and do activation with
corporate KMS.

Usually, in our case we do not need activate OS.
Microsoft OS can run without activation for few days.

Now the question: how do you think, can I put this case to config file and
push it to github ?
It would greatly simplify automation. Also, we will stop worry about our
real Windows keys.

Thanks.