[Avocado-devel] RFC: Guidelines for categorizing tests

Cleber Rosa crosa at redhat.com
Thu May 18 15:06:42 UTC 2017

On 05/18/2017 09:42 AM, Balamuruhan S wrote:
> This feature looks to be great and I acknowledge this RFC,

Hi Bala,

Thanks for the feedback.  My responses are inline.

> we have to consider two things,
> 1. with respect to avocado-vt, whether tags mentioned should filter the tests based on
> host or guest.

Right now, this wouldn't apply to Avocado-VT, only to INSTRUMENTED
tests.  See the documentation on the already existing tagging/filtering
feature here:

http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/50.0/WritingTests.html#categorizing-tests

> 2. Negative test scenarios should not be filtered based on this tags.

Can you expand on this, maybe with a use case example?  Sorry but I
failed to understand your point.

> by considering these in design for implementation helps us to achieve this feature well.
>
> Regards,
> Bala

Cheers!

--
Cleber Rosa
[ Sr Software Engineer - Virtualization Team - Red Hat ]