Firefox on Fedora Core 2

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 12:03:22 UTC 2004

I built up a quick Firefox package, a simple recompile of the SRPM
from Fedora Extras with the Alpha build patch for Mozilla included.
Seems to work pretty well, but has some odd behavior on my system when
opening file:// URLs. Other than that, looks OK for casual use. YMMV.

I've started an "Extras" subtree for additional stuff outside of the
canonical Core 2. Dropping the following to yum.conf on any system
running "Carmen" should do if anyone's keen for "yum install firefox"
to work.

[extras]
name=Fedora Core 2 - Extras
baseurl=ftp://ftp.maths.monash.edu.au/pub/carmen/extras/alpha

Or just download from
ftp://ftp.maths.monash.edu.au/pub/carmen/extras/alpha if you're
inclined towards the "manual" way of doing things. Go nuts. Knock
yourselves out. :)

Let me know if there's anything else from Fedora Extras I should build
and throw up there for people to try breaking.