DS10L disk issues after upgrade

Matt Harrington matt at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Aug 26 22:42:24 UTC 2004

I upgraded a DS10L from RH 6.2 to 7.2.  the system is just fine until
the disk is accessed, and then it hangs there for about 60 seconds
before continuing on as if nothing has happened.  the disk activity LED
is on when this happens.  for example, i can sit there at a shell
prompt, do a "man ls", and then the system will freeze up for a minute.
  the load average jumps to over 3.  i didn't notice this under RH 6.2,
and i don't notice it on another DS10L i upgraded to 7.2.  it could
have been present under 6.2 without me know it since this system wasn't
in use when i upgraded it.

any ideas?

---Matt