Other distros (was RE: Waxing Philosophical)

Richard Irving rirving at antient.org
Mon Oct 4 17:24:45 UTC 2004

Multiple versions of GLIBC is NOT a good thing..

  Many other packages, it isn't much of an issue...
just sloppy admin...

  GLIBC is , however, non-trivial.

  You could say it is the "Belly Button everything
else contemplates......."

   (IE: The Center of the Nautilus )

  BTW: It is confirmed, this distro will NOT work
on a Dual Processor 5300 (1200 in disguise - 21164a Procs)
with a 6.0 version of the SRM/ARC.

   I haven't had time to troubleshoot the cause,
maybe tonight....