Ongoing Core 2 Port Status

Mike Barnes strepsil at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 21:27:31 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:07:58 -0500, Richard Irving <rirving at antient.org> wrote:
>    BTW: Target for this install is a twin EV56 TinCup,
> a couple gigs of ram... and 72 gigs, or so, of disk ..

We've never booted the SMP kernel on a machine with more than one
processor at any point - none of us have one. It's a completely
unknown area right now. I'd be very interested to see what happens. :)

If anyone _has_ booted the 2.6.6-1.435 SMP kernel, please let me know.

>    Has anyone had any luck with USB drivers,
> and ->USB PCI boards<-, on this platform ?
>    The one PCI (A 32 bit card) USB card I tried
> to install, generated a PCI Bus Parity error,
> and subsequent SRM panic.

I've got a card sitting on my bench that I've been getting around to
trying for a while. My last free PCI slot is currently taken up by an
ATA-133 card which I needed to get some scratch space. I haven't tried
yet, but will soon. It's a combination USB2/Firewire card, so I'm very
curious about both of those functions.

Right now, untested ...

>   Also, in this Fedora, has the i960 DAC Drivers,
>   matured ?
>    TIA, for any clue that saves me from paying the
> blood price... ;)

Again, no idea. There's a lot of that going around, isn't there? Heh.