tricks to getting the internal NIC working on AS200

Michal Jaegermann michal at ellpspace.math.ualberta.ca
Tue Apr 5 19:03:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:47:58PM -0400, Bryan Dina wrote:
> Im not sure why my internal NIC is not working for my AS200 4/166,
> SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
> eth0: unknown interface: No such device
>
> # lsmod
> Module		Size	Used by
> tulip		77712	0
> crc32		4864	1 tulip

Try to see if you will have better results with 'de4x5' module instead
if that one is available.  And check what 'dmesg' has to say after
you loaded a module.  You have to 'rmmod tulip' before trying another
one.  To change that permanently you need to edit your /etc/modules.conf
(or this is /etc/modprobe.conf on AC-0.9?).

A number of tulip variations seems to be unbounded.

   Michal