Current ISO images status

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Sat Dec 6 15:23:16 UTC 2008

Hi, Steven,

I've a Radeon 7500 (RV200) in my XP1000, and not seen that problem.
I'm checking again now...

BTW, on that previous problem that ended in a python error in
urlgrabber: I saw something apparently identical on an ES45 I was
installing to. I think it might be an instance of failure to
read an RPM off the CD, and an attempt to grab it off the net, and
not having the network set up; ie multiple repos set up by default,
with CD chosen first, then onto the net if failure on CD.

Might be worth a try to clean that CD and try again with it.

Back to the XP1000: just did "b dqa0 -fl 2" from the 20081024 CD,
and it made it to the "Welcome to alphadora!" screen. I'm assuming
that yours crapped out before it got there... ??? Just in case, I
took it as far as the partitioning screen, and then stopped there,
so I wouldn't overwrite an existing install.

What kind of Radeon do you have in there? I'd hope it wouldn't
matter when doing a textmode install, but you never know. Is it
in one of the top 3 PCI slots? Bottom 2 slots are another PCI bus,
and current Xservers on Alpha do NOT like it there, though again,
why should textmode care?

Sorry, I'm just baffled by that behavior - XP1000 is one of the
first test platforms I try new spins on...

--Jay++