searching for a wide alpha cpu heatsink (2nd request)

Michael Kronsteiner alphamike at gmx.at
Tue Nov 11 15:42:03 UTC 2008

hy :)

Ok then ill take one off of a cpu-board for alphaserver 2000 - one of my two is screw-mounted iirc, but im quite sure you will have to make it at least a little smaller. the as2000 is dead for ages anyway.... i will send you pics (direct) with something to get a clue of the size (and the distance of the holes).... arent there screwed coolers on dec3000/300 too? i have a spare cpu-module for that box too....

best regards

Michael

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 16:07:16 +0100
> Von: Alexander Huemer <alexander.huemer at sbg.ac.at>
> An: Linux on Alpha processors <axp-list at redhat.com>
> Betreff: Re: searching for a wide alpha cpu heatsink (2nd request)

> Michael Kronsteiner wrote:
> > Hello :)
> >
> > I have an intel- boxed cooler at hand (including fan, the round one)
> might this be big enough to fit your cooling needs?
> >
> > best regards
> >
> > Michael
> >>

> thanks for your reply, michael.
> i have such coolers too.
> since there are two screws sticking out of the cpu die, it would be
> necessary to mill down two times in the heatsink and then drill 2 holes.
> since the fins are very thin, they would become heavily damaged during
> that process.
> i know that, because i already tried that ;(
> unfortunately this is not an option, unless you have a 21164 600mhz cpu
> for me without the screws.
>
> --
> regards
> alex

GMX Download-Spiele: Preizsturz! Alle Puzzle-Spiele Deluxe über 60% billiger.
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/download/puzzle/index.html