Fedora Core installer...?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Apr 12 18:44:45 UTC 2004

[quoted lines by David Renström on 2004/04/12 at 18:12 +0200]

>Nope, the other Vario driver didn't work at all. It didn't even start up.

It should've. Did you have your display in emulation mode 1 (which really is
native mode)? If you are used to using the vh driver then you have it in
emulation mode 2 (handyTdch emulation).

>Maybe it's because I've got a bad cable. I don't know.

Perhaps, but I doubt it.

>No, turning off and on the display doesn't work (tried that the first
>time). It actually looks like as if the BRLTTY daemon is actually killed by
>Anaconda. Is there no way of preventing it from probing for mice on the
>serial ports?

You can add the option "noprobe" to the "text brltty=" line, but that disables
all probing. I know of no way to disable just serial port probing. I've been
trying to convince RedHat that their probing should skip open devices, but they
don't seem to understand the generality and properness of this recommendation.
Perhaps you could try "noprobe" and let me know how well (or not well) it
wworks. I should add some notes to the web page about this sort of stuff.

http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/