kde accessibility + brltty

Andor Demarteau andor at nl.linux.org
Wed Jul 20 13:07:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Janina Sajka wrote:
Janina,

 > Yes, in a word. This is an agreement reached through the FSG
 > Accessibility WG.
nice.

 > The short version of what is agreed is that the AT-SPI will provide the
 > mechanism for passing data between AT and accessibility aware
 > applications. We have agreed on a "Many Worlds" concept for how those
 > messages might be passed to the AT-SPI from the applications. For
 > instance, KDE will likely implement over dbus, while Gnome is using
 > Corba. But these are the "under the hood" details that don't really
 > matter to AT (like Gnopernicus, Gok, or some other AT) as long as it
 > uses the AT-SPI.
ah corba is quite nice :)
if qt gets accessible we also could think of getting things like qtopia
(trolltech's pda-windoing stuff) accessible as it is qt-based
simular as opie and gpe graphical systems for pda's smartphones which are
developted by handhelds.org

ultimately that would mean fully accessible pda's and smartphones, nice.

Andor Demarteau                 E-mail: andor at nl.linux.org