xm pcr and timeshifting under linux with speakup

John G. Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Mon May 16 16:27:15 UTC 2005

There is a howto on timeshifting radio for linux. See
http://osl.iu.edu/~tveldhui/radio/.

I have downloaded and am using the scripts that are linked to on that page.
They're not bad. They're not exactly the way i'd do things but they're not
bad. You use cron to run these scripts and they'll create a directory for
each day. Your files will be stored in those directories. So if you record
2 or 3 shows a day, all of them will be in one directory. I'd have created
a folder for each sho and put the files in the directory with a date
stamped name.

It would be easy enough to change the scripts to do that but I haven't
bothered yet. One of these days...