sound and linux

Michael Malver mmalver at visi.com
Sat May 28 01:15:58 UTC 2005

I have a sound blaster 64 which somehow didn't get recognized when linux was
installed.
I see reference to a program called sndconfig, but that seems to be gone.
I am a bit intimidated with building a kernel partly because I'm very new to
linux, and partly because I am unsure of the relation to kernel sources and
speakup and how it all ties together.
Is there anything I can do on my current system to get the sound blaster
working/ It worked uner redhat 7, but when I upgraded to fc3, I whiped out
the whole system.
thanks for any help.
If I must rebuild a kernel, what is the rpm command I would issue to gret
the sources I need?