liblouis braille translator and back-translator now available

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Wed Sep 14 18:28:36 UTC 2005

Hi John,

The usage message for the `translate' program is (from what I remember):

translate -f|-b table

It says nothing about the file to translate. Do I assume it is in the
standard input, or is "table" the file to translate?

BTW, looking up the documentation for the translate program in that
internals-oriented documentation is like looking for a needle in a haystack,
especially since it doesn't come at the beginning. Maybe the html would have
been better. Still, the name liblouis suggests this is very much
programmer-oriented. I'd hate to see my grandmother trying to plough through
all that stuff about headers and routines and whatnot.

This is with liblouis-0.6.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll