How early to start BRLTTY?

Tobias Vinteus tobvin at algonet.se
Tue May 8 21:21:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 8 May 2007, Dave Mielke wrote:

> The big gain, as I see it, is that braille is up before the file system checks
> are done.
But only if you put the brltty line before the rc.sysinit line. Correct me
if I'm wrong, but rc.sysinit is the one responsible for running th efile
system checks - at least in Fedora.

Thanks for your suggestion to put it in innittab. I haven't tried it yet,
but I suspect it will let me start up services interractively, shoud I
wish
to. I'm running a serial display, so i don't need any blootooth or USB
stuff to get it to work. Yet ther's something preventing it from starting
from inittab and before rc.sysinit.

Regards,
Tobias